I came across THIS POST earlier today. I don’t consider myself a “trader” in the stock market (I prefer the term “investor”) but no matter what you call yourself there are some pearls of wisdom. I’ll post a couple of the rules here but would encourage you to visit the post and read them all for yourself.
3. Never trust a person more than the market. People lie, the market does not.
5. Simplicity in trading demonstrates wisdom. Complexity is the sign of inexperience.
9. The market is usually efficient and can not be beat. Exploit inefficiencies.
15. There is always a reason why stocks go up or down, we usually only learn the reason when it is too late.
18. Don’t worry about the trades that you miss, there will always be another.