Foreclosure Information – Reverse Mortgages
For Borrowers or Estate Representatives interested in avoiding foreclosure, the following options may be available to you.
- Establish a repayment plan for a Tax and/or Insurance Default.
- You will need to provide a financial budget worksheet at the time of your discussion with the servicing representative for evaluation.
- Ensure that the home is the primary residence of the borrower or co-borrower, sign the annual occupancy certification and return to the company servicing your loan.
- Complete all repairs identified at the time of your loan closing, submit proof that the repairs have been completed.
- Pay the loan in full using certified funds.
- Refinance the loan to pay off the existing loan.
To discuss an option that may be available to you, please contact our Customer Service Department at:
Phone: (866) 654-0020
- 8AM-8PM (Monday –Thursday)
- 8AM-5PM (Friday)
- Closed Saturday and Sunday and major holidays
For Further information and assistance:
You are eligible to receive free counseling from a HUD-approved counselor, who can help you review your financial situation and work with your loan servicer to repay your outstanding property charges.
The counseling agencies listed below will be able to refer you to resources that might assist you in balancing your budget and retaining your home:
- National Council on Aging:(800) 510-0301
- CredAbility:(888) 395-2664
- Money Management International:(866) 765-3328
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling:(866) 363-2227
- NeighborhoodWorks America:(888) 990-4326
If you have difficulty reaching one of the HUD-approved housing counseling agencies listed above, you may contact the HUD National Servicing Center at (877) 622-8525, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm (CST).
The HUD Servicing Center handles all types of HUD-insured mortgages. Therefore, you should ask to speak with a “HECM Program Specialist”. You will be provided with information about a HUD-approved housing counseling agency that can work with you to address your concerns and assist you with understanding the most beneficial means for you to repay us the amount advanced on your behalf and retain your home.