California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice:
The CCPA was passed by the State of California in 2018 and provides California residents with the following rights over their personal information: (a) the right to access, transfer, edit and delete their personal data with a verifiable consumer request; and (b) the ability to opt out of certain data-processing practices. In addition, California residents have the right to: (a) know what information is being collected about them; (b) know if their personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom; (c) say “no” to the sale of personal information; and (d) equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights under the CCPA.
CCMC does not and will not discriminate in any way against any consumers who choose to exercise their rights under the CCPA.
What Information We Collect About You:
We may obtain certain personal information (such as name and other contact details) through our Sites. Here are the most common types of information: Contact information (such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and fax number); Login and access credentials (such as username and password); Information about your property or mortgage loan; Age and gender; Real estate license number.
As part of its business and efforts to serve you, CCMC collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer. Specifically, we have collected (in the preceding 12 months) and are collecting the following categories of personal information from consumers:
- Personal Identifiers. These include: consumer’s real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, Social Security Number, driver’s license number, passport number, state identification number, and other similar identifiers.
- Personal Information Categories in the California Customer Records Statute. These include: name, signature, Social Security Number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license number, state identification number, insurance policy number, education, credit history and credit profile, employment and employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
- Protected Classification Characteristics Under California and/or Federal Law. These include: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
- Employment-Related Information. These include: current or past job history or performance evaluations or reference checks.
- Internet Activity. These include: browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Commercial Information. These include: records of property, products or services purchased, obtained , or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
How We Collect Your Information:
We collect your personal information from the foregoing categories: (a) directly from you when you complete required applications, agreements and disclosure forms; (b) indirectly from you when we collect the information during the course of services that we provide to you, that you have consented to receive and that are necessary to support our services to you; (c) information that you provide when interacting with our websites (d) from third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services that we provide to you; (e) from third-parties who provide us with data used for marketing purposes.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You:
CCMC uses the personal information we collect from you for the following business purposes: (a) to provide you with information, products, or services that you have requested of us; (b) to market our products and services to you; (c) to provide you with notices; (d) to improve our website; (e) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or between third-party vendors and us, including for billing and collections; (f) to respond to court orders and legal requests; (g) to aid in hiring and other employment decisions; and (h) as necessary to protect our interests.
Verify your identity; Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, and events; Create, administer and communicate with you about your online account or subscription;
We Do not Sell Your Information:
Cherry Creek Mortgage Co., Inc. does not sell personal information. We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect on our Sites, except as described here. We may share the information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We may also provide personal information to third parties such as technology providers to enable such third parties to perform business, professional and technical support functions for us, our Sites or for you. On certain Sites, we provide tools to allow real estate agents to communicate with each other to negotiate transactions. In the course of these communications, they may use our tools to share personal information about the parties they represent.
CCMC can and does disclose your personal information to third-parties for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information to a non-governmental entity, we enter a contract that describes the purposes and requires the recipients to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the performance of the contract. We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third-parties: (a) our affiliates; (b) vendors; (c) third-parties whom you or your agent has authorized to receive your personal information; (d) third-parties who provide marketing services for us; and (e) regulatory agencies, courts and other authorities who have requested your personal information pursuant to applicable law.
In the preceding 12-month period, we have disclosed, for a business purpose, the following categories of personal information to third-parties: (a) Personal Identifiers; (b) Personal Information Categories in the California Customer Records Statute; (c) Protected Classification Characteristics Under California and/or Federal Law; (d) Employment-Related Information; and (e) Internet Activity.
How We Protect Personal Information:
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect on our Sites against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Links to Other Web Sites, Features, and Embedded Content. For your convenience and information, our Sites may provide links to other Web sites or online services, including social media sites, or present content or features from other Web sites or other third parties. These Web sites may operate independently from CCMC. The Web sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked Web site or pages containing content hosted by other Web sites. To the extent such Web sites are not owned or controlled by CCMC, we are not responsible for the Web site’s content, any use of the Web site, or the privacy practices of the Web site.
We Do Not Do Business or Collect Information on People under 18 Years Old:
We do not knowingly collect information from people under 18 years old.
Financial Incentives for Providing Data or Not Exercising Your Rights:
CMCC does not provide any financial incentives for providing your personal information to CCMC, or for not exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Your Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018:
In CA AB 375, people are granted the following rights in SEC 2 (i)
(1) The right of Californians to know what personal information is being collected about them.
(2) The right of Californians to know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
(3) The right of Californians to say no to the sale of personal information.
(4) The right of Californians to access their personal information.
(5) The right of Californians to equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
You have the following rights under the CCPA by submitting a verifiable consumer request:
- The right to request that we disclose certain information to you about CCMC’s collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months;
- The right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Under the CCPA, we are not required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if retaining your personal information is necessary to: (i) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech another right provided for by law; (v) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (vi) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (vii) comply with a legal obligation; and (viii) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that we are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
A verifiable consumer request requires the following: (a) sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (b) description of your request with sufficient detail to allow CCMC to properly understand, evaluate and respond to the request. Should your verifiable consumer request require more information, we will contact you to request such information.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You are allowed to make a verifiable consumer request twice within a 12-month period. Under the CCPA, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with the requested information if we are unable to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
CCMC will provide you with the requested information once we receive a verifiable consumer request from you. We may, at our sole discretion, provide the requested information to you via mail or electronically. If we elect to send the requested information to you electronically, we will provide the information in a portable, and to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another party without hinderance. CCMC will attempt to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days) we will inform you in writing of the reason for requiring more time and the additional time required to respond. We do not charge for this service.
You may exercise you right to access or delete the personal information we have of you by making a verifiable consumer request, during business hours, at (888) 303-2262. You may also write to us:
Cherry Creek Mortgage Co., Inc.
Attn: Compliance Department
7600 E. Orchard Road, Ste. 380
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Or exercise your rights by clicking on these links: